September 10, 2013

Exiliens - 4

winonsky.sunnypillow


The sky is so blue. It’s a perfect time to die. But not like this.

Not with all the chaos I left for my parents.

No house, me skipping class, and probably my wrecked body on the land because of this 200.000 feet impact.

I close my eyes and empty my mind. Concentrate. Concentrate. Concentrate. I begin to feel the same wind blowing my bangs, like the ones at the hospital. Slow and tender. It thrills me off when the wind started to insolently blow my bangs up. I am not going back or neither slowing down. I am simply diving to gravity.

In a flash, I’m hanging in the air. I stopped. It’s a few feet away to the ground and I’m just hanging through the ground. Not flying, but hanging. Freezed in the air and paused in time.

“Is that so?”

This voice, it’s Herman! I looked all over the sky and I can’t find him floating anywhere.

“I’m in your head, kid. I suppose you forgot the homework I gave to you the last time we met.”

Sigh. Where are you? “Look down, kid. I’m at your house. Or land. You totally blow this thing off. Are you playing with Dani’s things?”

Who’s Dani? What do you mean? Can we just talk face-to-face rather you’re entering my head?

Suddenly, my body started to glow bright. I’m beginning to shine in pixels. The blue sky I saw was not there. It’s jumbled into pieces and returned to its place. The shattering sounds of those pieces complete the moments. When it’s set back, Herman is right in front of my face with his white coat and stereoscope. Behind his spectacles, I spot his black eyes shifting back to its true color.

“How dare you hang me up like that! And how on earth are you even here? You’re supposed to be at the hospital right now!”

He chuckles so hard, “You’re welcome, kid. You change a lot since the last time we met. A lot sketchy and less naïve. It’s okay, I can work with that.”

I roll my eyes and sit on the ground, “Where’s my house? Is that ping-pong ball an atomic bomb? Why am I not dead? Why’s there a brick floating on the sky? Who is this Dani you’re talking about?”

“You’re asking questions and you don’t even bother to ask what my superpower is. I’m going to take you to Mansio, I am annoyed by your behavior, kid.”

Herman grabs my hand and shouts some kind of spell. His eyes turn back to black. Thunder clouds started to show up above me. Jarring thunders deafen my ears. In some split seconds, we’re struck by the thunder and send my vision back to blackness.

***

“Welcome to Mansio, kid.”

I open my eyes and find myself in a complete different world.

It’s an island full of trees and surrounded by beach. White sands, blue sea, and pink sky. The gentle breeze also gives a calming touch. Beside the normal seaside view, the island itself is full of people, buildings and skyscrapers. Shortly, high-tech and rock metal. It’s like camp half-blood, only located on an island, have skyscrapers and I found no training site from my view. What can I say? It’s futuristic.

Herman leads me to the nearest skyscraper. I can hear him talking, but my entire mind think is the view. I spot a girl who’s absolutely blends into soil. She does a little jump once and just completely dives into the ground. All of her friends laughed as soon as she pulls one of them into the ground. The boy–who’s half drowned to the ground–hold his breath and started to puff himself. The ground started to crack as he bloats and jumped off the ground and lands on the land with a frog style. The liquid body girl and frog guy. Cool.

We entered the skyscraper, which’s only filled with strange buttons all over the wall and a tube in the middle. Herman walks around the room, pressing some of the buttons and ends his walk with a big red button near the entrance door. The tube started to make some hissing sounds. Now I get it, it’s a giant vacuum tube.

“Hop in, kid,” said Herman as he steps into the tube and being sucked to nowhere.

I smile, ran towards the tube, and literally hops into it. As my body’s being sucked into the tube, my body clashes with the tube sides. The walls of the tube chafed my elbow making blisters.

As I return to the surface, I’m like entering a throne. The walls of the room are painted shiny silver with a touch of blackness around the corners. The tiles are black and white and the ceilings are surrounded with some cloudy atmosphere. There are some big statues and high pillars on each corner. On my right and left, there’s a big table and cupboard stacked to the wall. In front of me lie five thrones with monks sitting on it. The monks wear red robe and a mask. It gives me chills and elegance at the same time.

“Vitiums, hereby stands Rufus Affandi–Michael Matyszczyk former self. Apologies, Vitiums. I need to give this Miles some time to know his power. He’s still in the memories of the impact when I found him in the first place. He has some questions to be asked to you, Vitiums. I will leave him at your hands.” Herman bows to the monks and disappear within thunders from the clouds.

One of the monks stood from his throne and speaks, “Welcome to Mansio, Rufus Affandi. You are now officially a listed Miles. Questions on your mind will be answered by Quattuor.”

Quattuor stoods up, “Miles Rufus Affandi. Mansio is a base camp of all mortal beings that discover their true powers. Your power, as you know it, is a reality wrapper. It’s one of the best powers of a Miles from Exiliens. This Mansio is divided into four sections, Muneris – this Skyscaper, Exiliens, Fugiens, and Album. You are a Miles from Exiliens, the leapers. Your powers are all connected to one center, the ground. Miles from Fugiens, the flyers, are all connected to the sky. All Miles are watched by Muneris, this Skyscraper and the centre of Mansio. All of the businesses are sorted here. Besides those three, the normal land is called Album. Please, make yourself like home as this is now your home, Miles Rufus Affandi. You are dismissed, please return to Exiliens.”

“Wait,” I breathe for a while, “What about my house? There was this ping-pong ball that blows my house off but not me! And suddenly Herman shows up and saves me with his thunders! Who are you people anyway?”

There was a moment of silence for awhile. Quattuor speaks again, “You are dismissed, Miles. Return to Exiliens immediately.”

“I am not going anywhere until somebody tells me the truth. Why do I have powers? What are all those clamors that used to bugs me a lot? Why this power does lead me to you guys? Who are you?”

Quattour lifts up his left hand and throws me to the tube. I’m send back to the first room I entered. As I went out the tube, I just lie down on the floor and watch the white ceilings. What the hell was that? Who do they think they are? I don’t know anyone here! How can I go home?

“Rufus? Is that you?”

I looked to the source of the voice and surprised. Lyra, that little skater girl.

“Welcome to the club, dude! We’re on the same house, Exiliens. You must’ve met Quattour, huh? Don’t worry he is hardhearted. In fact, he had no heart at all,” Lyra laughs and lie next to me.

“I suppose you’re here to ask my questions and sent by Herman, huh?”

“No! Are you a reality wrapper or a mind thunder?”

“What’s a mind thunder?”

Lyra sighs, “Mind thunder is like mind reading. In a split second you can read someone’s mind and it gives you power on thunders. There are a lot of alternatives actually: mind storm, mind eruption, and mind avalanche. They’re mind readers but with different powers of nature. Herman’s a mind thunder, I thought you knew.”

“Then why does he arrive on time before I crash the ground? And why am I not crashed because of that explosion? My house was blown up by an atomic ping-pong ball I found in my parent’s bedroom and I’m not even hurt a bit? That doesn’t make any sense.”

“Whoa, wait–,” Lyra shook her head hard, “are you saying that you just flew to the sky like that? Not covered to the ground?”

“No. I was like bounced, you know. On a trampoline. Is that one of mind thunder’s power?”

“No. Mind thunder control minds not bodies. Then you must be it. The Magister. You, the double formed powers! You are not only belonging in Exiliens, you’re also a Fugiens! You bounce to the sky! You’re a flyer with leaper powers!”

No comments:

Post a Comment